Starting next week, late night package service will be available thanks to Columbia Mail’s new package offerings. Students will be able to send in a request by 3PM on the day their package arrives and request for it to be left in one of the 28 new lockers in the basement of Wien Hall. With this new option, students will be able to pick up their package after the Package Center closes meaning students with high priority items will not need to be stressed if they could not grab their package in time.
The full email can be found below:
Located on the lower level of Wien Hall, lockers will be available upon request starting Monday, October 16. How it works:
- Lockers are accessible only when the Student Mail Center is closed.
- Locker space is limited and so usage is prioritized for critical needs, such as:
- medication (non-perishable only, lockers are not refrigerated)
- time-sensitive materials (e.g. employment documents, identification)
- items of high value (e.g. cell phone, laptop)
- There are 28 lockers in total, the largest being 22x16x13.5 (LxWxH). Over-sized packages are not eligible for lockers.
- To request a locker, students should reply to the email notification received when mail or a package has arrived.
- Lockers cannot be reserved for mail or packages before they are received and processed at the Student Mail Center.
- Students that are unable to reach high or bend down should indicate that a mid-level locker is needed.
- The email request must be received by 3:00 p.m. the day the locker is needed in order to be considered.
- By 5:00 p.m., Student Mail will send a confirmation email with a 6-digit pin to open the locker.
- If the item is not picked up by 9:00 a.m. the following morning, the item will be removed from the locker and returned to the Student Mail Center for pick up. The student will not receive further email notifications.