The Blog


Laundry Room Fire in Wallach/Hartley

Earlier tonight, a fire occurred in the LLC laundry room. As a result, Wallach, Hartley, and John Jay were temporarily closed due to FDNY activity.

The service alert from Columbia Housing can be found below.

Earlier this evening, a fire occurred in the Hartley/Wallach Laundry room. FDNY responded and the issue has been resolved. Hartley, Wallach and John Jay Halls are currently closed while the resulting smoke condition is addressed. We will notify you as soon as we receive confirmation that residents may return to the building. The laundry room will be shut down until we are able to fully address the damages. Once the buildings reopen, any residents who had belongings in the laundry room should come to the Hartley Hall Hospitality Desk to retrieve their belongings. We apologize for this impact and will keep you notified with all updates.

 

As always, please be sure to review Columbia Housing’s video on how to correctly do laundry here.

 

Dryer photo from Aaron Smithson (CC ’19)

Comments ( 1 )

Leave a Reply